Natvia provide natural sweeteners which are organic and plant-based. Natvia arises from the stevia plant and contains no artificial flavours or colours! The creation of Natvia involves taking the leaves of the stevia plant - which is known to be 300 times sweeter than normal sugar and have less calories. For someone like me who takes care in eating the most organic and plant-based form of food possible, Natvia is my go to sweetener! For those of you who are looking for a healthier alternative for a sweetener, it’s the perfect sweetener to incorporate into your everyday life and can help enhance your journey to healthy wellness- being healthy is all about making those little changes which can lead to improved health in the long-term and Natvia can help you to become a healthier you!
raw cacao pie
For the crust:
- 2 cups almonds
- 1 cup walnuts
- ¼ cup water
- 8 dates, deseeded
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
For the filling:
- 4 dates, deseeded
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ cup almond milk
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 2 cups cashews
- ½ teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 teaspoon natvia or norbu
- ½ cup cacao powder
1. To make the crust, place all ingredients for the crust in a food processer and blend for about 3 mins or until the mixture is no longer crumbly and can stick together.
2. Using a spoon or a spatula, spread crust mixture evenly on the bottom and sides of a baking tray. Place in fridge for about 10 mins.
3. Meanwhile, to make the filling, place all filling ingredients into a food processor and blend until the cashews are no longer crumbly and the texture becomes smooth.
4. Then spread the filling on top of the crust layer. (You will notice the filling mixture will become very oily from the coconut milk- this is completely normal and the oil will harden after it is placed in the fridge).
5. Place the pie in the fridge for about 2 hours. Enjoy!
Berry and Banana Superfood Smoothie
- 1 frozen banana
- ½ cup frozen berries
- ½ cup ice
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp linseed
- 1 tbsp norbu sweetener
- ½ cup almond milk or any other milk of your preferred choice
- any fruit that you have on hand - I used mango, berries and cantaloupe but any fruit will do
1. Blend the banana, berries, ice, chia, linseed, norbu and milk in a blender until it is well combined.
2. Place about 4 tablespoons of the mixture at the bottom of a jar, then layer it with any fruit of your choice. Then add more of the mixture and layer it with fruit again. Repeat this step until all of the smoothie and fruit has been used. Enjoy!