Vegetable Cous Cous Salad
Cous Cous is one of my fave grains and, although it may not be as nutritionally healthy as quinoa, it's still one of my fave grains! It's versatile, perfect for a summers day and of course its delicious!
For the cous cous salad:
- 1 capsicum
- 400g canned chickpeas
- 2 cups sweet potato
- 1 cup cous cous
- 1 cup water, boiled
For the dressing:
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 tbsp lemon
1. Place cous cous in a bowl and place 1 cup of boiled water (you can use a boiler/kettle) into bowl and cover for 10 mins. Then, fluff quinoa with a fork - this means you separate cous cous and kind of move fork in a scraping motion to separate cous cous.
2. Meanwhile, chop capsicum and toast until it begins to soften and brown.
3. Then, chop sweet potato into cubes and also toast until it browns and softens.
4. Open can of chickpeas and rinse thoroughly.
5. Once capsicum and sweet potato are toasted add them and the chickpeas to the bowl of cooked cous cous.
6. To make the dressing, stir all ingredients in a separate bowl until it is well combined.
7. Add dressing to bowl and stir all ingredients.
8. If you have time, place in fridge for at least an hour - this is so dressing can be absorbed in salad and it makes the cous cous taste so much better!