Toasted Peanut Butter Muesli
Why hello there,
Please don't crucify me for not blogging in ages.
Because religiously you can't as I'm not the messiah. And secondly, first hand murder doesn't look that great on your CV, now does it?
I'd make up an excuse but I've just finished watching Hercules (the disney version of course) and there is so much exhilaration that my mind is buzzing with the competency of such a strong lad, that there is no room left in my ethnic, chocolate brain to comprehend an excuse.
As it is unfortunately winter, the majority of my time spent is indoors. Drenched in the classic winter pajamas , underneath layers of blankets and my Vit D levels are so low, they're sure to make a dietician death stare me (which is kinda contradictory as I'm a nutrition student but tbh, lecture slides aren't going to change my whole outlook on life and force me to go outside).
On a more positive note, I have been cooking up a storm. Toasting, creating, making and producing aesthetically pleasing dishes like a boss.
Which brings me to my newest dish... Behold, my latest (and so damn delish) creation... Toasted Peanut Butter Muesli which features my fave vegan vanilla bean protein powder from Tao Nutrition. It is the perfect breakfast companion. For when there are no Weet-bix left or if you're keen for a snazzier, more upbeat version of the generic muesli.
- 3 cups oats
- 1/4 cup goji berries
- 1/4 cup Tao Nutrition Vanilla Bean Protein Powder
- 1/4 cup linseed
- 1/4 chup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup nuts of your choice (I used walnuts and almonds)
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- sprinkle of cinnamon
1. Place all ingredients except for the peanut butter and maple syrup in a pan on low heat. Toast for about 5 mins until the mixture has slightly browned and you hear a popping sound and then turn off heat.
2. Then add mixture to a bowl and add maple syrup and peanut butter.
3. Let the muesli cool down and then place in an airtight container or jar. Enjoy!
Do let me know if you do give this a try!
Now please excuse me whilst I watch Aladdin and live my life vicariously through loved up cartoon characters due to an ongoing, nonexistent love life.
Also, if anyone wants to offer any genie's in lamps they have lying around, that would be great.
- Andrea x