It's been a while since I've blogged. Uni has just began and already I am drowning in theory that I am yet to comprehend.
I spent the day getting nifty in the kitchen as I am a hardcore prcrastinator and I'm not too keen on understanding the process of plasmid extraction thank you very much.
And tbh, it's about time since I made a sweet treat and pictured below is the end result due to cooking innovation and a lack of academic motivation...
All the chocolate featured is from Winnow Chocolates which is my latest chocolate discovery. They make rather fancy choclates for events, weddings or for your own pleasure during the times when you feel like being proper, prim and as posh as Queen Elizabeth II.
- silicone muffin tray
- food processor
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- butter knife
For the base:
- 1 cup of mixed raw nuts (or nuts of your choice)
-1 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 dates, deseeded
For the filling:
- 2 cups mixed raw nuts, soaked in water for at least an hour
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 70g of Winnow Chocolates Turkish Fantasy Organic Dark Chocolate
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 4 dates, deseeded
For the topping:
- 30g of Winnow Chocolates Summer Berries & A Touch of Gold Organic Dark Chocolate, melted
- 10g of Winnow Chocolates Turkish Fantasy Dark Chocolate, coarsely chopped
1. To make the base, add all ingredients in a food processor and blend on high for about 2-5 mins until mixture is no longer crumbly and can stick together.
2. Add base mixture to the bottom of the muffin tray. Use the back of a spoon to flatten the mixture to create a flat surface and place in fridge for 15-20 mins.
4. Whilst blending, gradually add the melted chocolate and almond milk to the filling mixture (you can adjust the almond milk and chocolate measurements depending on your taste preferences - e.g if you like rich dark choc add less almond milk or if it's too chocolatey, add more almond milk).
5. Place filling mixture on muffin tray on top of base layer and use a butter knife to create a flat top surface for each mini cake.
7. Remove muffin tray from fridge and carefully move mini cakes out of muffin tray moulds.
8. Top with toppings. Enjoy!
Hope you all have a lovely week!
if you know anything about plasmids please help a gal out and let me know.
- Andrea x