This recipe is an alcohol-free version of the original "Love Potion Cocktail" created by Barker's of Geraldine and the original recipe can be found here
- 2 x balloons
- 50g fresh blackberries (or thawed from frozen)
- 100ml Barker’s Squeezed NZ Blackcurrant fruit syrup which can be found at Coles or here
- Ginger ale
To make Ice Spheres:
Prepare two glasses that the water-filled balloons can be suspended in whilst in the freezer. Have at hand two sturdy skewers or chopsticks to tie the balloons to and to suspend over each glass. Take one balloon, open the neck and slide it over the kitchen tap. Slowly turn on the water flow and fill the balloon with enough water to make a small sphere (to fit into a martini glass or the glass you’ve chosen). Tie the balloon to the chopstick, suspend it over the glass, and repeat. Place the glasses with balloons in the freezer overnight.
To make the Mocktail:
- Pulse the fresh blackberries and blackcurrant fruit syrup a few times, so there is still texture. Place one tablespoon of the blackcurrant mixture in the base of each martini glasses.
- Take the frozen balloons out of the freezer. Run under a tap for a few seconds, then cut and peel away the balloon. Discard the balloon and place the ice-sphere in the martini glass on top of the blackcurrant mixture.
- Top up glass with your choice of Champagne or Prosecco. Squeeze half a lime over each.
- To mix, simply turn the ice-sphere around in the glass so the blackcurrant mixture mixes with the Ginger ale. Enjoy!
To all the couples out there, hope you have a fab Valentine's Day!
But if you're forever alone like me, who needs a bae when you don't need no man to watch me whip whip nae nae?
I rest my case.
Have a good one,
- Andrea x