Chia Pudding & Fruit Parfait
Perhaps in 10 years or so, I may look back and regret the things I wrote this month. And arguably, broadcasting my life to 16k of you, with personal memes and baby photos and all, may not be the best idea. But heck, why have a regret when you can have forget? (did you see what I did there? Shakespeare, you got some tough competition as foodbloggerandrea’s rhyming game is strong).
In saying that, I think this calls for a celebratory sweet treat. I whipped these up today (made one for my sis and the other for me) and these tasted bangin’. They tasted even better than they looked, gave off that summer vibe and is the perfect way to feel like you’re in a tropical paradise (minus the good looking Hawaiian’s or the hefty return flight cost).
- any fruit you have on hand, chopped (these parfaits include 1/2 a mango, 1/2 a nectarine, 4 strawberries, a sprinkle of coconut chips and a sprinkle of goji berries)
For the chia pudding:
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup water
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of blueberries, mashed
- 1 tbsp of Barker's of Geraldine NZ Squeezed Blackcurrant fruit syrup which can be found at Coles or here (or you can use any fruit syrup you have on hand)
1. To make the chia pudding, mix the water, chia, cinnamon and fruit syrup together in a bowl and leave for 5 mins (this is to give time for the chia to expand, feel free to add more water is the mixture goes a bit dry).
2. Then stir in the mashed blueberries and leave to sit for 5-10 mins.
3. To assemble the parfait, in two glasses/jars, add about 2 tbsp of the chia pudding to the bottom of the glasses. Then layer with some chopped fruit and then layer with some more chia pudding. Repeat the layering until all the of the fruit and chia pudding is gone. Enjoy!
See you later folks,
Goodbye for now, but not forever
- Andrea x