Summer Lunch Ideas
Take note: the ingredient measurements aren't specific and different quantities won't affect the dish. Besides, when it's too hot, who has time to measure anyway?
- any veggies you have on hand, chopped - the photo above has carrots, capsicum, snow peas, sweet corn, broccoli and mushroom
- 1-2 tbsp of coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- sweet chilli
- optional: rice to serve
1. Heat oil in a pan and add veggies and soy sauce.
2. Stir until the veggies are crispy (this usually takes about 10 mins).
3. Take off heat, top with sweet chilli and serve with rice. Enjoy!
You can find the recipe and a how-to video tutorial here
- wholemeal wraps
- for the filling: any veggies you have on hand - this wrap features chick peas, leafy greens, capsicum, cucumber and carrot
- sweet chili
1. I guess it's self explanatory, but all you have to do is place the filling in each wrap and serve. Enjoy!
- add veggies/fruit you have on hand - this bowl features carrot, corn, avocado, chickpeas, cucumber and a salad.
- veggie burger
- grain of your choice - this one features rice but you could add quinoa/amaranth/wild rice etc depending on what you have
- topping of your choice: sweet chili or tahini or balsamic vinegar etc (this bowl was topped with sweet chilli after the photo was taken.
1. Add all veggies and grains to a bowl and top with topping of your choice. Enjoy!
Here are some of my fave summer salad recipes:
Kale, Pumpkin & Quinoa Salad